What happened to July?

I realized today that I hadn't posted in July at all. This does not mean that nothing happened in July. I assumed that I was just too busy to actually sit at the computer and blog about our many events...

Until I looked to see what I had taken pictures of and realized that I had NO JULY PICTURES!

How could that be?
After careful thought, I remembered that camp started for us at the very end of June and has pretty much consumed our lives since then. Sure we did other things, but we spent most of our time at camp and then came home too tired to do much else. It has been really fun, though.
Check out the pictures below to see some of the fun activities from camp.


Toothpick bridges.

Gathering wood to make fires.

Camouflaged to better hide in the woods.

A blindfolded fire making challenge.

Roasting marshmallows.


Making arrows for atlatls.

Canoe trip at Lake Griffy.

Inevitably, you are wondering where the pictures of Sammy are. Well, she was in the Trailblazer's camp group, so I don't have pictures from her days at camp. I do know, however, that she loved playing games in the woods (especially hide-and-go-seek tag) and swimming in the big pool with her friends (playing mermaids). She made a mess of herself during crafts and charmed her counselors.

Although we don't have pictures, we also spent time in July doing the following: celebrating my birthday, celebrating Mike's birthday, barbecues with friends, Jonathan attended boy scout camp, I went on a scrapbooking weekend with Tracey and Jen, and fireworks on the fourth. Definitely a full month!

1 comments:

Mad Queen said...

You have been busy! AND, from what I hear, you are the best camp counselor ever! Shailey had and absolute ball with you. You have a gift for that stuff, you really do. You go girl.