Boo

Despite the fact that I was feeling a bit "humbuggy" this Halloween, I managed to spend one weekend sewing the kids' costumes. They turned out pretty cute, if I do say so myself.

Over the years I have loved having a boy and a girl so that I could match their costumes. You know, Harry Potter and Hermione, Aladdin and Jasmine, Beauty and the Beast, Peter Pan and Tinkerbell, etc. But this year - the last year they would go trick-or-treating door to door - I decided to let them be what they wanted.

Jonathan got a kick out of dressing up as a hippie and Sammy loved her pointy witch's hat. My personal favorites were the green flip flops and the purple and black striped tights. Sometimes it's the little details that really make the costumes great!



4 comments:

Mad Queen said...

I am cracking up... that took a LOT of COURAGE and WILLPOWER to let your kids be whatever they wanted without the "matchy matchy" theme... WOW and WOW. You go girl... you are the MOTHER OF THE YEAR! Love their costumes... maybe even if they don't trick-or-treat anymore you can still make their fabulous Halloween costumes. You are too good to let that tradition fade out. Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Awwww! TOO CUTE!!!!!!! :-) You are so talented, it's just crazy!

Anonymous said...

Love the costumes, Kim! They turned out so great!

Anonymous said...

go hippies!!!