You're kidding me!

Okay, so last night I was in the basement working on the computer. I was up pretty late trying to get things ready for my classroom. Anyway, when I started to go up stairs to go to bed, I noticed something next to the wall by the staircase. Upon closer inspection, I realized that it was a snake - did you get that? A SNAKE! In my basement! Are you kidding me?

(NOTE: Even typing this story is giving me the chills...)

I knew I had to get rid of it before the kids got up in the morning. Besides, I certainly didn't want it to slither away and scare me at another time. So I went to the garage to get a shovel. I fully intended to release it into the backyard. But the dumb thing wouldn't cooperate. It kept flipping all over the place, so I finally had to smash it to death with the shovel.

You may think that I handled this whole incident rather well. The truth is that I was shaking uncontrollably, dripping with sweat, and screaming pretty loud during the entire experience. Even once I got into my bed I couldn't really shake that creepy feeling for a while.

(NOTE: I actually tried to search for a picture of a snake on Google to include with this post, but it creeped me out too much. So you will have to just use your imaginations.

2 comments:

Andrew Bunton said...

Yeah, Jon was telling me about that on his latest visit here, sounds pretty crazy, i do say you probably handled it better than mamaw =D, she has a phobia of snakes!

Eszter said...

Hey Kim!
We need an update!!!
Eszter :)