Baking Challenges

Sandwich cookies are one of my all-time favorites. I consider them to be "Christmas cookies" because I only bake them at Christmas-time. They also happen to be Tracey's favorite cookies that I make. So, when when we decided to stay at her house for a couple days over fall break, Tracey asked if I would be wiling to teach her to make these yummy cookies.

Of course, I agreed...
They turned out delicious, as always. I made the dough and baked the cookies while Tracey wrote down the recipe and all of my little baking tricks. When it was time to assemble the cookies, Tracey decided to help out. Her first attempts were pretty hilarious! Take a look...
In case you wondered, hers is the broken one loaded with too much chocolate!
Eventually she got the hang of dipping the cookies into the melted chocolate and sprinkles. Now she can recreate these cookies whenever she wants - in theory.

1 comments:

Mad Queen said...

Oooh, love this picture of us! And these cookies are making my mouth water... and YES "in theory" I can recreate these cookies... have not attempted it yet, but want to.. yours were SO much prettier!