My Best Friend, Lamar

It's a crazy story - how we met...

Lamar and I were both signed up on LDSMingle.com (a church dating website). One night I was "shopping online" for new members and I came across Lamar's profile. I've told him so many times since that I never would have clicked on him if he hadn't been listed as living in Woodbridge, VA. It sparked my interest because my family lived in that city for many years and I wondered if he had ever met them.

We started chatting online, and eventually we moved on to talking on the phone - for hours and hours at a time. We got to know each other as well as we could without ever meeting. It was fun talking to him because he is intelligent and funny and different from many guys I had met before. To make a long story a little shorter, Lamar quickly became one of my very best friends! Over his kids' Spring Break, Lamar drove to Tennessee to visit me and the kids. We had such a great time together. I am super happy, and a lot of that is because I have found a man who can be caring, funny, loving, and honest. A man who also happens to be my very best friend.

1 comments:

april said...

This is the CUTEST picture I've EVER SEEN!!!!!!!!!!!! :-) I love seeing you happy! :-)