Young Women's Camp 2011

This year Sammy went to camp on her own. Yep! I was supposed to go with, but at the last minute she felt like she could handle it on her own. She was actually really excited to go. I drove up to camp with everyone...
But as soon as we arrived it started to downpour. I was in no way thrilled about helping to set up camp in the rain. When I checked on Sammy, she was happy as a clam with Sister Bergloff and the other girls. They were planning to sit and wait the rain out. So I headed home. Unfortunately, it ended up raining all day. All the girls ended up getting accomplished that first day was setting up camp and eating lunch.

The whole week long I worried about whether or not Sammy was having a good time at camp. When I got there Saturday morning to pick her up, she was in high spirits. I was told that she had been given an award for her positive attitude. As we drove out of the camp area, Sammy was waving to everyone she saw. On the way home she admitted that she was trying not to cry because she missed camp so much! What a successful week!

0 comments: