The Hike

On our last day in Colorado Mike decided we would go on a hike...

UP A MOUNTAIN!

I agreed to go, as did Jonathan and Costa.
We bundled up really well, wearing lots of layers and snow boots, and took off to climb a mountain. (Just a small mountain - according to Mike.)


It didn't take long to realize that we were seriously out of shape and unprepared for what was ahead of us. The snow on the ground came up to our knees in some places.


It stuck to our pants, freezing them solid. It was slippery too, making it even harder to walk through.

It took us most of the day, but we made it.


I say that as though it was no big deal, but I should admit to being in tears at the top of the mountain. As we were climbing over the boulders, I was hoping I wouldn't slip and fall to my death right then! I should also mention that Jonathan's feet got so cold he had to take drastic measures and warm them up on Aunt Costa's belly. We all wanted to quit at some point in the day...except Mike.


When we started our hike, Mike assured us that when someone wanted to turn around and go back he would do it. Yeah, right. He kept pushing us a little longer and a little higher. Until we just couldn't go any further. In hindsight, I'm glad because it was very pretty up there.


Great for taking pictures!

0 comments: