A rollercoaster ride

Up:
Our passports came back...finally.
Down:
Two of the three passports came back with incorrect information.

Up:
I went to Bradford Woods last week.
Down:
It rained and was freezing cold the whole time.

Up:
We sold a lot of our big items already.
Down:
I miss our stuff. Now this move seems even more real.

Up:
Mike's visa got denied (yeah, that's an up in my book because that means he's still in Bloomington a while longer).
Down:
Mike's visa got denied (okay, it's a down too because we still aren't getting a paycheck until Mike starts work which he can't do without a work visa).

Up:
We sold our truck.
Down:
We lost money on the truck.

Up:
I got RIF-ed last week (reduction in force - aka layed off) so I don't feel as guilty about leaving after only one year.
Down:
It never feels good to lose a job, even one I would soon be quitting.

2 comments:

Mad Queen said...

Happy to talk to you today! I had not seen that your blog was updated... I have been off the computer for a few days. Look how positive you are... even though there are plenty of downs, you are noticing the UPS too! Kudos friend!

Anonymous said...

Bummer. How sad our society does not value education. Cuts in education should be the last resort!