Who needs boy scouts?!?


Today was an absolutely lovely day!
While the kids and I were jumping on the trampoline, I thought to myself, "I wish Mike was home so that we could cook hot dogs and marshmallows over a fire!" Then I realized that there really was no reason that I couldn't just build a fire myself. So I did!

I followed all the directions that Jonathan's boy scout leader had given him the night he taught him to start a fire with only one match.

But...
I had to keep using more matches.

In my defense, it was pretty windy out. But I also didn't do as good of a job finding the perfect tinder. I was so hungry that I kept putting larger
pieces of wood on the fire (ultimately smothering it a couple times - ooops). Luckily I was able to get it going pretty well, and we had a great time cooking our dinner and roasting the perfect marshmallows. We even used the fire to defrost/toast our hot dog buns. Talk about resourceful!

1 comments:

Mad Queen said...

WOW, that is SO COOL! You GO GIRL... campfire cooking in the backyard... move over Martha Steward, there is another domestic goddess on the loose! Too much fun. I bet the kids loved this. I can't even imagine thinking... hmmm lets roast hotdogs on a regular day... but it sounds like so much fun. Wish we were there... oh and you look darling. I love your red heart t-shirt! And, good hair length too... it has some nice bounce.

Good times!

-Tracey