Another Teenager

I am officially a mother of two teenagers. I can hardly believe it. Sammy turned 13 today!
It was a pretty low key birthday - just some cake and ice cream and one friend (Mina).
The cake was a butterfly. Cute and simple. And I don't think I have ever made a butterfly cake before, so that was nice to do something different.
For her birthday Sammy got a new digital camera, a gift card to Borders and one to Walmart, some books and some socks, a stuffed dog, and a handmade wooden sword. She is pretty excited to go shopping now.

3 comments:

april said...

I can't even BELIEVE it!!

Mad Queen said...

Wow, that is crazy to see Sammy having a birthday in my house :)... fun too! I LOVE the butterfly cake. I think I can figure out how you made the wings, but I am stumped how you did the body. It is DARLING... I am totally copying this idea for Emma's next birthday. Love it!

Anonymous said...

Sammy looks so beautiful!!!! Very Cool Cake!
Christy