Why didn't I think of that?!?

I actually read about this product back before the holidays, but other than thinking it was kind of a cute idea, I didn't put much more thought into it. After sleeping through my alarm repeatedly several days in a row - leading to scrambled and rushed mornings before school - it was again brought to mind. So I felt I really had to share it!

"Clocky" is an alarm clock that runs away and hides to get you out of bed. You only get one opportunity to get up. If you dare to hit the snooze button, Clocky will roll right off onto the floor and wheel around your room looking for a place to hide. This could get really annoying if you consider that it is beefing the entire time. You'll actually have to get out of bed to turn off the alarm. What an ingenious idea!

I wonder how many people who own a Clocky have spent their mornings crawling all over the floor trying to find this mischievous alarm clock. And what happens when it rolls right under something and can't be reached? It may wake you up, but if you refuse to learn your lesson and continue to abuse the snooze button it may not get you to work or school on time...

Still, I have to give the inventor credit for coming up with a very unique solution to a fairly widespread problem.

Although I love it, I believe that the alarm clock I have right now has actually trained me to sleep in later and later each day. The coolest (and most utilized) feature of my alarm clock is the consecutive-hit extended snooze button. Here is how it works. When the alarm goes off, I hit the snooze button once for an extra 10 minutes of sleep. I hit the button twice for an additional 20 minutes of rest. Three taps of the snooze button earns me 30 minutes of continued slumber. Can you see the pattern? I honestly do not know if there is a limit to the number of consecutive times I can hit the snooze button. I have done 4 hits and not heard another peep from the alarm for 40 minutes! It is amazing! It is wonderful! It is also dangerous...

So, I think that I just might have to invest in "Clocky" for myself. Its price tag is currently $50.00 though, so I might have to wait for the next "gift giving holiday" (ahem - Mother's Day or my birthday come to mind).

1 comments:

Mad Queen said...

That is totally funny... clocky... I guess "necessity is the mother of invention"... ha! I have a sister that TOTALLY needs clocky. I think I will refer her to your blog. She will laugh.