I hate it, I want to go home!

Confession time...
I have had a really bad attitude lately.
My mantra has truly been "I hate it, I want to go home!"

Everything feels so different here.
The apartment is ridiculously small. There are no closets. It rains almost every day. I miss my family and friends. I can't drive and with my poor sense of direction. I'm afraid to leave the apartment for fear that I'll get lost. So I feel trapped. I can't cook efficiently. Mike is working long hours so I'm lonely. The kids are bored and I have no idea what to do with them.

Worst of all, I can't seem to conquer the grocery store. I actually had a panic attack in Aldi because I couldn't find what I needed. Everything is located in unusual places. Or called something different. Or not available at all. It is all too overwhelming for me. Mike saved me the first time by taking over the shopping for the day, but eventually I will need to figure it out.

The truth is, I hate change. I am not very adaptable. I am not adventurous. I do not look forward to new experiences. I thrive on predictability and routine. And I don't have that right now. Eventually I will adjust...I hope. But for now, I've been pretty unhappy.

Now for the public goal:
I will begin to look at things in a more positive light.
I will start to be more cheerful.
I will leave the apartment and learn my way around.
I will try not to focus on how different everything is.
I will ask for help when I need it.
I will smile more often.
I will change my mantra to something less negative.

2 comments:

Mad Queen said...

Think "Mary Poppins"... "I love to Laugh" and "Supercalifragilisdiexpialidocious" and "Its a Jolly Holiday with Mary" and "Just a Spoonful of Sugar"... does that help :P

You are trying to sound so desperate and sad, but really it made me laugh to think of my little friend who does not like change, in the middle of the biggest change of her life... WOW.

Anonymous said...

I like your public goals! It's a big adjustment so don't be too hard on yourself! :-) It'll take some time to adjust to your new surrounding but you can do it! You're so talented and creative that you'll find a way to make things work! Love and miss you guys, Christy