Moving Day

For the past two days, we have had movers in our house packing up our things. Everything. In fact, Sammy discovered on the first day that they packed her bubble gum too! She was not happy about that, I can assure you.

This morning, which also happens to be my birthday, the movers showed up with "reinforcements" and a HUGE moving truck. They took a quick tour through the house and got immediately to work.
I was amazed! They were so efficient...and strong!
One of the men tied a box to his back with heavy straps and then carried another one as he headed down the stairs. Using only a dolly, they were able to load our large pieces of furniture without any trouble. I kept telling them how surprised I was at how quick and easy it seemed to be for them. They just smiled and said, "That's because we know what we're doing."

I must admit that after this moving experience I would recommend anyone who is moving to use a moving service. What a lot of headaches and backaches they saved us by doing the heard work for us!

So, despite watching all of my belongings being loaded on the truck and feeling a little sad about that, it was a day where much was accomplished. And that was a blessing.

0 comments: