Attachments

Tonight we finished our room-by-room cleaning and purging. Mike and I have spent the past several days doing some serious cleansing in our house. It is amazing how many things we have come across that we haven't seen or used in years. It certainly made it easier to get rid of some of those things. Items like picture frames, old dishes, plastic cups, too small clothes, and toddler toys were simple to part with. It makes the house look so much nicer to have less "stuff" stored all over the place.

The tough part was when I had to part with all of my kitchen gadgets. I love them. I have a salsa maker, a smoothie maker, a yogurt maker, an ice cream maker, a bread maker, a milk shake machine, a toaster oven, a mini food processer, and a KitchenAid mixer. Since they all run on electricity, I cannot take them to England with me. And that makes me super sad.

The thing I will miss the most is my red KitchenAid mixer. It has been such a wonderful addition to my many kitchen appliances. I have used it to make birthday cakes, christmas cookies, brownies, pizza dough, banana bread, and much much more. Mike bought it for me as a gift and I have loved it ever since.

Mike thinks I'm silly for getting so upset over having to sell it. Luckily my good friend, Melissa, understands my situation. She told me, "Kim. It's alright to be attached to your appliances." Thanks for your support, Melissa. I am attached.

0 comments: