Failed attempt at sharing

Measuring cups vs scales.
For me it is no contest.
MEASURING CUPS.

All my recipes are in cups, tablespoons and teaspoons.
All the recipes in England are in milliliters, ounces and grams.
The other day I tried to share one of our favorite recipes with a friend.
I dutifully copied down the ingredients and the directions for Chicken Divan for her and delivered the recipe after one week. (I kept forgetting.) She was so happy and planned to make it very soon.

Fast forward to today...
I recieved a call from Cheryl early this morning. She was inviting me over to make dinner for her family. Cheeky? Just a little! :)

See it turns out that she really wanted Chicken Divan and when she looked at the recipe she didn't understand the cups and teaspoons as measurements! Silly me - I had forgotten about the differences here again. So we are heading over to Cheryl's house tonight to cook Chicken Divan for their family.

She even invited us to stay for dinner too! Ha ha ha.
Gotta love Cheryl.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi English Kim!
This is Emily Shier - BHSN, volleyball, Belen, hilariously funny...does that ring any bells? I went to school in Europe for six months or so and it is, indeed, a lot to get used to - even for only six months!!!
Anyway, I hope you're well.
Emily
emily74437@yahoo.com
PS - did you know Layla Shaaban lives in England too?

Mad Queen said...

Hey, I was waiting for the recipe? I think this post deserves a recipie... if your friend was bold enough to ask you to make it for their family, it must be good. Besides all of my other "Kim" recipes are my favs, so I am always on the hunt for another one :).