Saying Goodbye

It's not what you think.
Sure, sometimes the kids drive me crazy.
But I promise that I didn't kick them out.

I know it looks like they've packed their bags and been turned out to the streets, but that isn't the case! Today was the first day of Jonathan and Sammy's "outdoor education experience". They are headed to Bradford Woods for three days! They are so excited, and I know (from experience) that they will have the best time.

BUT...
I'm really going to miss them!
Life is so crazy most of the time, but without them I don't know what to do with myself.

I can hardly wait until they come home on Wednesday and tell me about everything they did while they were away at camp. Even though I went to Bradford Woods last year, their experience will be different. I was there as a teacher. They are going there as children "freed" from the walls of school for a few days. Their perspectives will be very different from my own.

I just hope I can survive without my munchkins for the next couple days.

1 comments:

Mad Queen said...

Oh sad! Shailey missed Bradford Woods this year... we miss Bloomington! What a cute photo of those two together... precious.